Maggie Mae’s has been providing professional in-house catering for more than twenty-five years. We are happy to provide our services for groups with fifty guests to fifteen hundred. Following, please find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions:
What hours are available for private events?
Private events are typically scheduled Sunday through Wednesday anytime between 2:00 pm and 2:00 am. Thursday through Saturday between 2:00 pm and 10:00 pm. when our facility opens to the public. This does not mean your guests must leave. On the contrary, we suggest having the “private” portion of your event end by 10:00 pm, so your guests may stay and enjoy our live music when it begins. There is no cover charge for your guests and they will have the best seats in the house. If you are planning on a “buy-out” of the facility, times will be established accordingly.
What area of Maggie Mae’s is available for private events?
You may book all or a portion of the facility for your private event. You may want to begin on the Rooftop Deck with appetizers and Sunset Martinis and then migrate to the Gibson Room for dinner and dancing. And once the moon is out, host dessert with a coffee and brandy bar on the Rooftop Deck with the Austin skyline as a backdrop. Any number of options are available for your special event.
May I bring in an outside caterer?
Because we have an in-house kitchen and catering staff, we do not allow outside catering. We do allow wedding parties to bring in their cakes from an outside source. However, we do not stack multi-tiered cakes.
What are the costs related to having a private party at Maggie Mae’s?
1. The amount of Room Rental and staffing is charged contingent upon expenditures of food and beverage.
2. There is a State Sales Tax of 8.25% on all food and non-alcoholic beverages.
3. We require a 20% Service Fee on Food and Beverage.
4. A Bar Set-up Fee for each bar set-up and $100 Buffet Set-up Fee for each buffet set-up.
What items are included for private parties at No Charge?
1. Our standard linens, which include white table linens and napkins.
2. Our regular tables and chairs. We also have eight 60” round tables and 90 Dove Gray folding chairs.
3. Our in-house decorations described in the following Buffet selections.
4. The use of our audio visual equipment. We have two 54″ plasma televisions and one 60″ plasma television, one 65” big screen television, 14’ Big Screen behind our Club Room Stage and assorted size smaller televisions throughout the club. We also have a 26’ THEATER SCREEN on the rooftop deck. All of these are tied into a state-of-the-art closed circuit audio and video system. A remote controlled camera is focused on the stage. The image of the stage is streamed via the closed circuit system throughout the facility. If you would like to bring a “cd” or “dvd” to be shown during your event, we will be happy to broadcast it for you.
Do you have in-house sound equipment and may we rent it?
We have our own sound equipment and sound engineer available for hire for your event. A list of equipment is available upon request. If you have made arrangements for entertainment, please have them contact email@example.com to make arrangements for load-in, etc.
Can you help us book entertainment for our event?
We will be happy to assist you with booking bands, deejays or any entertainment needs you may have.
What kind of uniform will the private event staff wear?
Our staff will dress in black pants or skirts with white shirts or in blue jeans and Maggie Mae’s t-shirts. Which ever one of these is your preference.
Will you allow my friends who are 18 years of age to come in?
Maggie Mae’s is strictly a 21 years of age and older venue. We do not allow anyone under 21 access to our facility.
Where can my guests park?
There are a number of parking lots and garages within walking distance of our facility.
May I ship promotional materials directly to Maggie Mae’s?
Yes, you may. Please notify us in advance and ship any materials to arrive AFTER 2:00 pm. We do not accept liability or responsibility for any items shipped.
What is the physical address for Maggie Mae’s?
323 E. Sixth Street, Austin, Texas 78701
What do I need to do to reserve Maggie Mae’s for a private event?
A fifty percent (50%) non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space and will be applied toward the final bill.
If you should have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact Rafael via e-mail at Rafael@maggiemaesaustin.com or (512) 888-2211. Thank you for your interest in Maggie Mae’s. We are celebrating 33 years of business in the same location. You can also fill out an event form at Request Private Event Information under the Private Events tab above.